Mom and Dad

oh mother, what happened to us?
was i just not good enough?
i left for myself, not because i wanted to
but i needed to stay alive
now it seems like it’s all not all right

see, i’ve been trying to find myself
for forever and a day
i don’t know what keeps me coming back
when it’s all the same

i need you
to understand
that these things that i had said
were just the thoughts running through my head
back then
nobody stopped me
so why do you turn your back on me again?

oh, father, this is a sure sign
that i’m not going anywhere
i came to you for help, 
and you gladly offered your hand
you are the best man that i have ever met

see, i’ve been trying to find myself
for too long now
i thank you for these things you’ve done
and i know that you know that

i need you
to understand
i’d like to do things on my own
i know leaving’s not what you had in mind
but i
i know this
this is what i need
don’t worry, father, i’m not leaving you behind

if this is life, then i will live it
i won’t let her bring me down
even if it takes
me leaving this place
to find another way

i just need to find myself
and i thank you

for the me i am today
Facebook Comments