Moving On Is Easier Said Than Done

And she said "I'm only doing this for your own good,
I'm getting the hell out of this neighborhood,
I'm looking for myself, and you should do the same
Life isn't all you've played it off to be...

I hate that I'm doing this to you now
In these moments, I shouldn't feel this proud
There has to be something else, something more than this game
Life isn't all about playing hide and seek."

Well, what would you have had me do
When I was sitting alone at that table for two
This machine still pumps blood through these veins
Although this wick will burn for days and days

No one will ever see me the way you did
You found the best in me, and you took it with
I don't know what I'll do when the sun comes up
In fact, I don't wanna know

These painted lines on concrete never stop
Just like those damn hands on that old grandfather clock
I want to drive until my engine hates my guts
Far away, till you won't be missing much

No,  you won't miss me because I'll be missing you
And this flame that I carry will never die
Until another candle comes around
I'll be going town to town
Picking up the pieces you left behind
And along the way, looking for the truth

That no one will ever see me the way you did You found the best in me, and you took it with
I don't know what I'll do when the sun comes up
In fact, I don't wanna know

Facebook Comments