Shut Your Mouth

so what gives you the right
to say all that bullshit with my back turned
(although i'm standing ten feet away, tell me, what do you wanna say?)
so step into the light
so i can see your face when i ask you
"how does it feel to be a liar, a hater, a god-loving "savior"
when all you do is put me down?"

i don't need to hear you preach
because i know all about you
shaking your hand was all it took

so don't give me that self-righteous bullshit
like "i'm nowhere without my faith"
because honestly,
it feels like you're pressuring me
and i'm not down for that
no, i'm not...

so i know you have the right
to your personal opinions
(but i would just rather you kept them to yourself)
instead of ranting for hours
about this powerful coward
that only shows us signs of him

i don't need to hear you preach
about all your goddamned beliefs
because you know i'll just walk away
before i explode and say

"so don't give me that self-righteous bullshit
like 'i'm nowhere without my faith,'
because honestly, 
it feels like you're pressuring me
and i'm not down for that
no i'm not down for that."

i understand the concept of original sin
but just because the first humans fucked up
doesn't mean we all have to be punished for their actions
honestly, if you want my opinion
since you ignorantly spat yours in my face
if there was a god, there wouldn't be
any war, 
anybody on the streets, 
anybody dying of disease
any debt, any hate
any person on the verge of a breakdown
there'd be nothing but peace

oh, and just because you go to church like any good faithful person
does not make you a better person than me
now i'm not saying i'm better than you, i'm just pointing out that
every single one of us is human
and if i love you, i love you, but if i hate you... who knows?
Facebook Comments