On Top of the World

we had the world in our hands
we watched it all melt away
and now you're sitting here
telling me to be okay

well, what if i don't believe you?
what if i want to follow my thoughts
down this road to wherever it decides to go

well, now i'm fine
yeah, thanks for asking

if your lies were to a tee
we wouldn't be living so cautiously

ooo, whoa-oh-ohhh

you told me i was a failure
well, did i let you down?
you see, it's so much better 
when you're on top of the world now

"i had your world in my hands
and i watched it all melt away"
was probably what you were thinking
well, from the wax, there's a wick
and a flame can rekindle it

so i rise from the nothing
to become something so much more than you!

whoa-oh-ohhh oh

well, what if you don't believe me?
the more power to you
just keep believing
keep believing in nothing

you told me i was a failure
well, did i let you down?
you see, it's so much better
when you're on top of the world now

these lungs are filled with life
and that's one part of truth (and the other is)
as long as i'm still breathing, 
i'm doing better than you
Facebook Comments